Friday, February 10, 2012

How He Loves

As I was riding in the car today, a song came on the radio that you may or may not know. It's titled "How He Loves" by the band David Crowder. The lyrics to this song really took hold of my attention and I began to connect it to this upcoming Valentine's Day.
A portion of the lyrics read...

"And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets 
When I think about the way...
How He loves"

On one end, these lyrics brought to mind the relationship that I have with my girlfriend. We've been dating for SOME years now, so I can say with confidence that I do love her. So this isn't one of those fairy tale, we've been dating for 2 weeks, ooohhh I think you're the one type circumstances. There's some validity to the relationship. Christ has given us this awesome opportunity to have companionship and to love in our lifetime. Having that connection with someone is a remarkable feeling, I'm sure most of you would agree.

The first kiss moments that are unforeseen, leaving you breathless. The raw emotion that leaves your heart violently overtaken with joy. And when you find that love, you let go of the past and no longer maintain regret when you think about how that person loves you!!

BUT, there is a love that far exceeds any feeling or emotion that another human being could give us.

In our human minds we cannot begin to fathom the depths of God's love for us. That "unforeseen kiss" when Jesus bared the sin of the world and died for you and me. He sacrificed His life for us so that heaven could meet earth. When you have a true relationship with Christ, hope swells in your heart and in turn beats violently inside your chest for all that Christ has done, is doing, and going to do! And when we embrace His love and capture a small glimpse of how He loves us, there's no choice but to abandon our regrets and pursue HIS LOVE FOR US!

So this Valentine's Day, cherish the blessings of your relationships. Their special each in there own unique way. God gave us this gift of love and we should use it to honor Him. However, never lose sight of the ONE LOVE that will never leave you or forsake you. It's precious and more valuable than any human relationship. That's where we find our true happiness, in the fact that no matter what...

"OH, HOW HE LOVES US!!!"

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this post! It's so nice to see a young man that is so passionate about God. There is not many people out there who are willing to even go out of their way once a week to make it to church, and I include myself in that. So it's really nice and inspiring to see someone write about this type of relationship because you're right, no love will ever be as great as the love He has for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the kind words as well. It's hard to really understand how much he does love us but like you said no love will ever be as good as His.

      Delete